The Project Management Institute Long Island Chapter (“PMILIC”) will offer one tuition-free seat in each PMILIC approved PMP/CAPM Preparation session. This seat will be awarded to an active PMILIC Member who is unemployed at the time of application.
The PMILIC Board of Directors has the final say on all matters related to this PMP/CAPM Preparation Grant Program ("the Program"). The applicant is selected by the PMILIC Board of Directors from the qualified entries for each session and the recipient of each Grant is kept confidential.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for a Grant:
- The applicant is a paid member in good standing of PMILIC.
- The applicant has read the PMP/CAPM Examination qualifying information listed on the PMI website (www.pmi.org), and certifies by submitting the application for the Program, that to the best of his/her knowledge, he/she is eligible to sit for the exam.
- The applicant is currently unemployed and, at the time of the application, does not have a commitment of employment to begin within three months from the Program application date.
- At the time this application is submitted nothing will prevent the applicant from attending all of the currently scheduled classes.
- The applicant has not been a previous recipient of a Program Grant. Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for a grant to attend a PMP Preparation course:
Anyone interested in applying for a Grant should download the application below
The completed application should be sent as an attachment via email to Paul Chalson.
Applicants that are not awarded a Grant may resubmit their applications for subsequent PMP/CAPM Preparation sessions as long as they still meet the criteria and follow the same application procedures as described in this Program description. An application must be submitted for each session.