The President, as Chief Executive Officer, will be responsible for the overall functioning of “LIC-PMI”, and assurance that the Chapter Board works together as a team.
- Provide leadership for “LIC-PMI”.
- Schedule regular chapter meetings for local members. Develop agendas and preside over all Business and Chapter meetings or appoint another officer to do so if unable to attend.
- Prepare monthly status reports for presentation at member meetings.
- Direct the activities of other officers toward Chapter goals and objectives. Delegate and/or assign duties to other officers to further interests of PMI and ”LIC-PMI”.
- Establish monthly Board meetings. Develop an agenda and distribute to all board members. In addition to regularly scheduled meetings, the President shall call special meetings, if required.
- Train the incoming President in all procedures of “The Chapter”.
- Appoint replacement Board members to vacant positions, subject to the Board’s approval.
- Assure that the entire membership is advised of new board members and new By-Laws.
- Appoint committee and committee chairperson representatives to task teams as required and subject to the Board’s approval.
- Direct the voting of new proposals at membership meetings to be passed as By-Laws.
- Submit to the PMI Vice-President - Region II an annual application for charter renewal, pursuant to Article B-6 of the Chapter Guidelines & Policy Handbook. The application shall be prepared in collaboration with appropriate Board Members as required.
- Represent “LIC-PMI”, or appoint appropriate alternate as a member of the Council of Chapter Presidents (CCP) at the Spring and Fall meetings. Serve on any CCP subcommittees that may be established to form policy for the CCP.
- Prevent the use of the Chapter name in connection with any business transaction or meeting that does not further the purposes of PMI or “LIC-PMI”.
- Establish a Nominating Committee to manage the elections for new officers.
- Maintain and deliver all permanent records to the position successor as required.
- Establish and maintain a Chapter Library of Project Management reading material and professional publications. A list of available materials shall be made periodically available to the VP of Administration.