"PMILIC again exhibits at huge HIA Trade Show"
Hauppauge Industrial Association – Long Island Trade Show and Conference
The PMI-Long Island Chapter, once again attended the HIA-LI Annual Trade Show and Conference. The conference was held on Thursday May 26th at the Suffolk County Community College Sports & Exhibition Complex on the Brentwood Campus. The date marked the tradeshow’s 23rd anniversary. This is the largest one-day Business to Business Trade Show on Long Island.
Attending the Trade Show provided our Long Island Chapter access to reach and inform over 4000 business leaders and network with 375+ other exhibitors. Our PMI table was staffed with three volunteers (Mike Springall, Teri Vetter and Carol Reynolds) who promoted the Long Island Chapter, discussed project management practices and processes with attendees, resulting in over 50 people requesting invitations to future PMI meetings.
The event started at 7:30 am with Ellis Henican, columnist for Newsday, a political analyst at the Fox News Channel and host of a nationally syndicated weekend show speaking at the executive breakfast session. The Executive Luncheon provided opportunities to attend a Town Hall Meeting with Suffolk County Executive Steve Levey & Nassau County Executive Ed Mangano. The exhibits were open from 9am – 4 pm allowing everyone to connect, collaborate, inform and yes – even get business.
The Chapter volunteers all enjoyed a great day full of fellowship, networking and promoting PMI and our chapter. We look forward to the 2012 HIA event, and have ideas to make it better, based on lessons learned.
Additional Sessions Held include:
• Regional Development Projects for the Emerging Market
• Manufacturing on LI – What’s New in Manufacturing on Long Island
• Take Your Business to the Cloud
• Strategic Business Issues – What Keeps Business Owner’s Awake at Night & What to do About It
• New Strategies for Attracting & Retaining Key talent
• Leadership, The Economy & Sustainability
• Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Financing, Budgeting & Financial Statements and were Afraid to Ask
• Doubles in Dubai – Home Runs in Hong Kong & Beyond
• Time is Not on Your Side – How to Implement Cost Effective Best Practice marketing & Sales Tactics
• LI Iced- Tea – Give LI Companies the 1st Shot at LI Contracts
• Resources to Help your Business Succeed
• Are you Prospecting or Selling
• Hiring Risks and Retaining Employees in the 21st Century
HIA-LI helps Long Island businesses prosper. For over 30 years, they have been the recognized voice for business on Long Island and a powerful force and economic engine for regional development. They provide a forum for business leaders to network, problem solve and obtain advice on critical issues facing their businesses. Their member companies represent tens of thousands of business professionals.