Vice President of Operations and Shared Services
The VP of Operations and Shared Services is responsible for the timely dissemination of information both to and from the Chapter membership and to PMI Headquarters as required, using various tools to accomplish the objective.
- Assist the President in coordinating and expediting activities for the Board, such as Providing meeting notices, managing action items resulting from meetings and follow-up assignments.
- Document and maintain minutes as recorded from all Board of Directors and LIC-PMI meetings and post them to the website.
- Update and Maintain the Chapter Charter with PMI
- Organize subcommittees for the purpose of direct telephone solicitation of meeting and workshop attendance. Inform President and Vice-President of Programs of expected attendance so venues can be informed.
- Maintain communication facilities for use by the Chapter such as WebEx and Audio Conference.
- Appoint committee and committee chairperson representatives to task teams as required and subject to the Board’s approval.
- Affirm that all official correspondence as specified by the PMI Chapter Policies for Chartered PMI Components is directed to the appropriate officer.
- Coordinate the Project of the Year Program.
- Coordinate the Scholarship Program.
- Maintain a file of all Chapter correspondence separately for each year of operation.
- Maintain and deliver all permanent records to the position successor as required.
- Prepare annual distribution of the Chapter By-Laws; review with board members for feedback and possible revision. Work with Chapter President and Director of Membership to distribute document to local members.
- Direct the Program Managers for the Website, PMIslander and Special Interest Groups, report to the Board of directors on status and provide direction to the PM’s as required to support the Chapter’s Strategic and Tactical Plan.
- Support the Day to Day Operations of the Chapter.
- Approximately 20 hours per month
- Category 5: Volunteer Service to Professional or Community Organizations
- Minimum 3 months of participation = 2 PDUs per year
- Minimum 6 months of participation = 5 PDUs per year
- 12 months of participation = 10 PDUs per year